All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals of Workplace Learning is a comprehensive guide to how people learn in the workplace, and the issues and challenges involved. Examining the essential aspects of workplace learning and unravelling the various influences which affect the success of work-based learners, Knud Illeris presents a holistic model to explain how diverse individuals can be encouraged and invited to learn at work. Approaching workplace learning from the perspective of learners as human beings, with complex social and psychological needs, as opposed to resources to be managed, this book examines in detail the key issues surrounding workplace learning, including: * The workplace environment as a learning space * Workplace learning as competence development * A multitude of different kinds of workplace learning arrangements * Job-transcending learning initiatives * The interaction between formal and informal learning environments * The challenges presented by specific groups: early school leavers, elderly workers and the new young generation. Presenting conclusions on workplace learning and possibilities for the future this book focuses on a way forward while detailing the fundamentals of successful workplace learning. It will appeal to everyone involved in understanding and improving learning in the workplace including educationalists, business students, managers, personnel and educational leaders.
- Author BiographyKnud Illeris is Professor of Lifelong Learning at the Danish School of Education, Aarhus University, Denmark. He is author of numerous books, including How We Learn, Contemporary Theories of Learning, and International Perspectives on Competence Development.
- Author(s)Knud Illeris
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.