CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionThe Furnace Room is a story about siblings, James and Janine and how they overcome their fear of the basement and the dreaded Furnace Room to save their spunky pet dog, Sam. It was written to be fun scary ; eugh to draw-in the reader in the 4-8 year old age range without scaring the younger readers unnecessarily. The book has a great pay-off at the end.
- Author BiographyWriting is David's 3rd career. He started out as a professional recording and touring drummer/musician, and then became an award winning sales executive, working for both large media corporations and start-ups. He now focuses exclusively on writing, producing and content creation for children's and adult books, movies, commercials and the occasional music show! In 2014, David created Sightline Media Entertainment LLC and a children's book publishing imprint called Sam's Young Readers. David's first dog, Sam, pops up through a lifesaver, signifying the importance of reading at a young age. In fact, it is one of the most important activities a parent and child can share growing up. This is especially significant to David because he had a severe reading problem that wasn't identified until 5th grade, combined with Dyslexia. He spent his middle school years catching up to his peers and graduated in the top percentile of his class at Avon Old Farms School in CT, in part, because of a gifted English teacher that patiently worked with him. He graduated from Manahattanville College with a minor in English and then went on to specialize in sales and business communications throughout his professional career. The Furnace Room is the first in a series of books featuring siblings, James and Janine and their spunky dog, Sam. David's goal is to create larger than life stories and pictures that inspire both young readers and their parents/guardians to come together and share a reading adventure. On the inside cover of every children's picture book, there will be a note that reads: Sam's Young Readers stories harken back to a simpler time before video games and the internet where imagination reigned and the most wonderful adventures came to life in your own backyard. So, put down your smart phone, turn off your tablet and laptop, open up this over sized book and prepare to be immersed in the glossy, high definition pages of a book created from love: -)
- Author(s)David M Jack
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight349 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Barrister Christopher Brown
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.