All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the TED series: The Future of Architecture in 100 Buildings A pavilion made from paper.An inflatable concert hall. A building that eats smog. A bridge that grows grapes. The Future of Architecture in 100 Buildings captures the soaring confidence, the thoughtful intelligence, the futuristic wonder, and at times the sheer whimsy of the world's most inspired and future-looking buildings. As author Marc Kushner explains, 'The future of architecture is t one of any dominant style, but rather a world of constant invation and experimentation.' Like an architectural cabinet of wonders, the book captures this glorious global diversity. From soaring steel towers to bamboo bungalows; from iconic monuments to ingenious children's playgrounds, each page offers an unexpected glimpse of architecture's potential. Through his book and TEDTalk, Kushner suggests that in the age of social media, buildings speak louder than ever. Everyone with a smartphone has become an architectural photographer, snapping selfies with the world's most photogenic buildings. And this constant stream of photos ensures that architecture is w in conversation with the world. Its future matters more - and to more of us - than ever. Aimed at this new, broad audience for architecture, this is an essential and delightful guide to the future being built around us.
- Author BiographyMarc Kushner is a practicing architect who splits his time between designing buildings at HWKN, the architecture firm he cofounded, and amassing the world's architecture on the website he runs, Architizer.com. Both have the same mission: to reconnect the public with architecture. Kushner's core belief is that architecture touches everyone-and everyone is a fan of architecture-even if they don't know it yet. New forms of media empower people to shape the built environment, and that means better buildings that make better cities that make a better world.
- Author(s)Mark Kushner
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- Series TitleTED
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.