All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Future of Church Planting in North America looks to Jesus as the model for life and ministry as he said, As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you. In exploring this passage, the author asks, what does this passage mean in church-planting terms? How do we apply the concept of being sent within contemporary North America? This region of the world, much like the Middle East in the early first century, is populated by a mosaic of people from all nations, tribes, and language groups. Dr. Emetuche argues that church planting by the majority of the North American churches has been unduly influenced by cultures and traditions rather than by a well-thought-out missiological application of theological convictions. Examining the life and ministry of Jesus as found in the Gospel of John as well as the New Testament church plants, the author makes a strong case for a multicultural church planting as a model for the future. Dr. Emetuche maintains that church planting is about the transformation of lives and cultures through relationship with Christ and, therefore, involves spiritual warfare. Consequently, communities formed through this union in Christ transcend culture, tradition, and national allegiances and become multicultural.
- Author BiographyDamian O. Emetuche is an experienced missionary, church planter, and missiologist. He served as a church-planting strategist for the Northwest Baptist Convention's Puget Sound Metro-Region. He was an adjunct professor at Bakke Graduate University in Seattle before joining New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary as Assistant Professor of Church Planting. He has also served as a National Missionary of the North American Mission Board. Dr. Emetuche obtained his PhD in Missions/cultural anthropology from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Damian O. Emetuche
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number342
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note0
- Weight360 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.