All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Future of Educational Entrepreneurship examines the challenge of creating invative and productive entrepreneurial activity in American education. In the course of exploring these challenges, the book considers a number of crucial issues and circumstances: existing barriers to entry that prohibit or obstruct entrepreneurial efforts; the availability and frequent lack of venture capital for fueling entrepreneurial activities; the effort to sponsor and create a sufficiently large population of talented educational entrepreneurs; and questions about research, development, and quality control in the burgeoning entrepreneurial sector. A field that is likely to grow in size and importance in the years to come, educational entrepreneurship receives much-needed attention, analysis, and elucidation in this lively, wide-ranging book.
- Author BiographyFrederick M. Hess is director of education policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute and executive editor of Education Next. He has edited and authored numerous books, including With the Best of Intentions: How Philanthropy Is Reshaping K 12 Education and Educational Entrepreneurship: Realities, Challenges, Possibilities, both published by Harvard Education Press.
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectUnclassifiable: no BIC
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight540 g
- Edited byDirector Frederick M Hess
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $58.79Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $40.96
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.