All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre NATO's mutual security commitments strong eugh today to deter all adversaries? Is the nuclear umbrella as credible as it was during the Cold War? Backed by the full range of US and allied military capabilities, NATO's mutual defense treaty has been ermously successful, but today's commitments are strained by military budget cuts and antinuclear sentiment. The United States has also shifted its focus away from European security during the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and more recently with the Asia rebalance. Will a resurgent Russia change this? The Future of Extended Deterrence brings together experts and scholars from the policy and academic worlds to provide a theoretically rich and detailed analysis of post--Cold War nuclear weapons policy, nuclear deterrence, alliance commitments, nproliferation, and missile defense in NATO but with implications far beyond. The contributors analyze t only American policy and ideas but also the ways NATO members interpret their own continued political and strategic role in the alliance. In-depth and multifaceted, The Future of Extended Deterrence is an essential resource for policy practitioners and scholars of nuclear deterrence, arms control, missile defense, and the NATO alliance.
- Author BiographyStefanie von Hlatky is an assistant professor in the Department of Political Studies and director of the Centre for International and Defence Policy at Queen's University. She is the author of American Allies in Times of War: The Great Asymmetry. Andreas Wenger is professor of International and Swiss Security Policy and director of the Center for Security Studies at ETH Zurich. He is the coeditor of Bioterrorism: Confronting a Complex Threat.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note1 figure, 3 tables
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAndreas Wenger,Stefanie von Hlatky
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.49
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.