All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a systematic and pattern-based explanation of food tourism, focusing on how and why change could occur and what the implications could be. In the future will food tourism involve food grown in the laboratory or a more authentic experience associated with place and history? The book's approach to the future has focused on explanation; the contributors look for the causes, trends and theoretical concepts that explain change, thus attempting to justify and explore the future. Scenarios are used to explore alternative futures and the book examines the implications for the future of food tourism and highlights future research avenues. This book is primarily aimed at postgraduate students and researchers in the field of tourism studies.
- Author BiographyIan Yeoman is Associate Professor and futurist at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand and the European Tourism Futures Institute, Netherlands. His research interests include tourism futures, scenario planning and revenue management. Una McMahon-Beattie is Professor and Head of Department for Hospitality and Tourism Management at Ulster University, UK. Her research interests include tourism and event marketing, revenue management and tourism futures. Kevin Fields worked in the hospitality industry before entering academia 23 years ago. He taught at three universities across hospitality, events and tourism courses - with specific interests in business tourism and food-related tourism. Julia N. Albrecht is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Otago, New Zealand. Her academic interests include tourism strategy and planning, visitor management and tourism in wine destinations. Kevin Meethan is Associate Professor at Plymouth University, UK. He has broad and interdisciplinary research interests including cultural change and global-local relations in tourism.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Number71
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byIan Yeoman,Julia Albrecht,Kevin Fields,Kevin Meethan,Una McMahon-Beattie
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.