All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Future of Memory interviews more than 30 individuals who were children at the time of the Argentine dictatorship from 1976 to 1983. They include children of parents disappeared and murdered by the military, children off families who had to go into exile, and 'stolen children', taken from their parents and raised by military families in igrance of their true origin. It examines how children experience state terror and loss, and in doing so provides a very personal introduction to the recent political past in Argentina.
- Author BiographyAndres Jaroslavsky is a founding member of HIJOS (Children for identity and justice, and against silence and forgetting); his father was disappeared in 1976. He lives in York, where he is a writer and music teacher.
- Author(s)Andres Jaroslavsky
- PublisherLatin America Bureau
- Date of Publication05/10/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLatin America Bureau
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.