All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe future of newspapers is hotly contested. Pessimistic pundits predict their imminent demise while others envisage a new era of participatory journalism online, with yet others advocating increased investment in quality journalism rather than free gifts and DVDs, as the necessary cure for the current parlous state of newspapers. Globally, newspapers confront highly variable prospects reflecting their location in different market sectors, countries and journalism cultures. But despite this diversity, they face similar challenges in responding to the increased competition from expansive radio and 24 hour television news channels; the emergence of free Metro papers; the delivery of news services on billboards, pod casts and mobile telephony; the development of online editions, as well as the burgeoning of blogs, citizen journalists and User Generated Content. Newspapers' revenue streams are also under attack as advertising increasingly migrates online. This authoritative collection of research based essays by distinguished scholars and journalists from around the globe, brings together a judicious mix of academic expertise and professional journalistic experience to analyse and report on the future of newspapers. This book was published as special issues of Journalism Practice and Journalism Studies.
- Author BiographyBob Franklin is Professor of Journalism Studies in the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies at Cardiff University; Editor of Journalism Studies and Journalism Practice and author of Pulling Newspapers Apart; Analysing Print Journalism (2008) Routledge, Local Journalism and Local Media: Making the Local News (2006) Routledge and many more.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleJournalism Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteill
- Weight703 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBob Franklin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.