All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPreaching remains a central feature of almost all Christian worship. There are thousands of men and women in the UK who preach on a regular basis, clergy of all deminations, Readers, Local Preachers, Lay Preachers, Chaplains etc. This book, edited and contributed to by some of the leading authors in this field, seeks to make a substantial and authoritative contribution to the teaching and learning of preaching. The contributors offer reflections on subjects such as Preaching in a Communications Culture, Preaching and the Bible, Preaching and Personality Types, the Life of the Preacher and Educating Future Preachers.
- Author BiographyDr Geoffrey Stevenson was Director of the Centre for Christian Communication at St John's College Durham, and this year completed a PhD on the development of preachers.The contributors are from a wide range of ecumenical backgrounds. They include: Roger Standing, Susan Durber, Ian Stackhouse, Paul Johns, Stephen Wright, Leslie Francis and Ian Paul.
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey Stevenson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.