All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA once-in-a-generation event held every twenty years, the Minwbrook conference brings together the top scholars in public administration and public management to reflect on the state of the field and its future. This unique volume brings together a group of distinguished authors - both seasoned and new - for a rare critical examination of the field of public administration yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The book begins by examining the ideas of previous Minwbrook conferences, such as relevance and change, which are reflective of the 1960s and 1980s. It then moves beyond old Minwbrook concepts to focus on public administration challenges of the future: globalism, twenty-first century collaborative governance, the role of information techlogy in governance, deliberative democracy and public participation, the organization of the future, and teaching the next generation of leaders. The book ends by coming full circle to examine the current challenge of remaining relevant. There is other book like this - r is there ever likely to be ather - in print. Simply put, the ideas, concepts, and spirit of Minwbrook are one-of-a-kind. This book captures the soul of public administration past, present, and future, and is a must-read for anyone serious about the theory and practice of public administration.
- Author BiographyRosemary O'Leary is Distinguished Professor of Public Administration and Howard G. and Louise S. Phanstiel Chair in Strategic Management and Leadership at Syracuse University. David M. Van Slyke is an associate professor of public administration at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University. Soonhee Kim is an associate professor of public administration at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePublic Management and Change Series
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note1 figure
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid M. Van Slyke,Rosemary O'Leary,Soonhee Kim
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.