All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe basic concept of society has come under attack - political acts, critical theory, new media and even history itself have undermined what we think of as the social. The Future of Social Theory brings together new interviews with the world's leading social theorists on what society means today: Zygmunt Bauman, John Urry, Saska Sassen, Bru Latour, Scott Lash, Nikolas Rose, Judith Butler and Francoise Verges.
The topics covered include: liquid modernization and the individualization of the society; the shift towards global forms of chaos and complexity; the displacement of the social into global city networks; the shift away from a theory of the social to a theory of space; the transformation of society with the rise of new techlogy; the continuing influence of historical forms of political power; society as a gendered idea; and society as a product of Empire.
- Author BiographyNicholas Gane is Lecturer in Sociology in the Department of Sociology at the University of York and author of 'Max Weber and Postmodern Theory' and co-editor of 'Roland Barthes: Critical Assessments' (3 volumes forthcoming)
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/03/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNicholas Gane
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.