All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 50th anniversary edition of the book that changed English Politics. With an Introduction by Gordon Brown. It is impossible to think of the intellectual landscape of Britain today without recognising the power of Crosland's The Future of Socialism in all aspects of the political debate. Still relevant 50 years after it was first published, Crosland's masterwork was a radical reworking of the role of the post-war Labour Party. This book sets out the philosophy for the New Labour project and also contains the key for reviving the fortunes of the Party of the future. Also included is a piece by Dick Leonard, Crosland's Personal Private Secretary and who knew the radical philosopher well, and an afterword from Susan Crosland.
- Author BiographyAnthony Crosland was one of the most fascinating and important figures in British politics since the war. An Oxford economics don before becoming MP for Grimsby he held a succession of middle ranking ministerial posts before becoming Foreign Secretary under James Callaghan. He died in 1977 aged only 58.
- Author(s)Anthony Crosland
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication14/09/2006
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight487 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byGordon Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.76Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.