All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe exponential increase in mobile device users and high-bandwidth applications has pushed the current 3G and 4G wireless networks to their capacity. Moreover, it is predicted that mobile data traffic will continue to grow by over 300 percent by 2017. To handle this spectacular growth, the development of improved wireless networks for the future has been of paramount importance. The Future of Wireless Networks: Architectures, Protocols, and Services discusses the future of wireless networks, including the emerging network architectures, underlying protocols, services, and applications. The first part of the book focuses on new wireless network architectures that are being developed, such as mobile SDN, wireless local area networks (i.e., 802.11), and wireless sensor networks for the Smart Grid. In the second part of the book, the authors discuss the new protocols and enabling techlogies for the different wireless network architectures. These include wireless MAC protocols, resource allocation in cognitive radio networks, multicast transmission, and femtocells, which provide enhanced indoor coverage and increased network capacity. The book's final section discusses several new services and applications that are springing up, such as multisource selection for wireless peer-to-peer (P2P) networks and device-to-device (D2D) content sharing, which reduces duplicated downloads of the same contents on cellular links by offloading the traffic onto other networks. This section also covers the next generation of wireless security and privacy control techniques that service providers can use to ensure that their infrastructures and services are adequately protected against all kinds of threats.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication07/09/2015
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitleWireless Networks and Mobile Communications
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note149 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byChonggang Wang,Hsiao-Hwa Chen,Mohesen Guizani
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.