The Future of Work: How the New Order of Business Will Shape Your Organization, Your Management Style, and Your Life by Thomas W. Malone (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.99Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by careerativity
- Est. delivery by 8 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than a decade, business thinkers have theorized about how techlogy will change the shape of organizations. In this landmark book, rewned organizational theorist Thomas Malone, codirector of MIT's Inventing the Organizations of the 21st Century initiative, provides the first credible model for actually designing the company of the future. Based on 20 years of groundbreaking research, The Future of Work foresees a workplace revolution that will dramatically change organizational structures and the roles employees play in them. Techlogical and ecomic forces make command and control management increasingly less useful. In its place will be a more flexible coordinate and cultivate approach that will spawn new types of decentralized organizations--from internal markets to democracies to loose hierarchies. These future structures will reap the scale and kwledge efficiencies of large organizations while enabling the freedom, flexibility, and human values that drive smaller firms. This book explores the skills managers will need in a workplace in which the power to decide belongs to everyone.
- Author BiographyThomas W. Malone is the Patrick J. McGovern Professor of Management at the MIT Sloan School of Management and the founder and director of the MIT Center for Coordination Science in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Thomas W. Malone
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Weight514 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.