All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussing the techlogical supremacy of the chemical industry and how it will adopt a leading position to solve some of the largest global challenges humans have even seen, this book details how the industry will address climate change, aging populations, resource scarcity, globality, networks speed, pandemics, and massive growth and demand. Following a detailed introduction to some of the megatrends shaping our world over the forthcoming decades, the book goes on to provide several scenarios of how the world could look by 2050, including business as usual and a sustainable one. Chapter 3 gives a comprehensive overview of the current status, while providing a short historical review of the chemical industry, its origins, achievements and fundamentals. The following chapter reviews the potential impact of each of the selected megatrends on the industry, while Chapter 5 proposes how it could look by 2050. Several features of the chemical industry are presented and discussed, including the industrial relevance from an ecomical, techlogical and profitability point of view. This chapter also reviews the impact of climate change on the chemical industry and, more specifically, the potential costs in reducing C02 emissions. A final, concluding chapter summarizes the forthcoming megatrends and potential challenges, opportunities and the outlook for the industry as a whole.
- Author BiographyRafael Cayuela Valencia is an economist by the education and has a decade of experience within the chemical industry. He holds a Masters degree in European Economics from the College of Europe, Brugge, Belgium and an Executive MBA from The University of Chicago, USA and an MBA from the Dow Chemical & Northwood MBA, Michigan, USA. Rafael Cayuela has worked for The Dow Chemical Company in Madrid, Spain, Dow global headquarters in Midland Michigan and Dow European Headquarters in Horgen, Zurich, Switzerland. Since 2010 Rafael Cayuela works as the global product and marketing director for STYRON, a spin off company of Dow Chemical. In its current work for the last years Rafael has been gathering significant experience in emerging markets in particular in China, Korea, Indonesia, Brazil and India.
- Author(s)Rafael Cayuela Valencia
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight872 g
- Width178 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.