The Future of the Music Business: How to Succeed with the New Digital Technologies by Steve Gordon (Mixed media product, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.61+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionNew techlogies are revolutionizing the music business. While these changes may be smashing traditional business models and creating havoc among the major record companies, they are also providing new opportunities for unsigned artists, independent labels, and music business entrepreneurs. The Future of the Music Business provides a legal and business road map for success in today's music business by setting forth a comprehensive summary of the rules pertaining to the traditional music business, including music licensing, as well as the laws governing online distribution of music and video. This book also provides practical tips for: selling music online; using blogs and social networks; developing an online record company; creating an Internet radio station; opening an online music store; raising money for recording projects online; creating a hit song in the Digital Age; taking advantage of wireless techlogies; and, much more. This revised third edition is the most up-to-date and thorough examination of current trends, and offers special sections on: what to do if someone steals your song; protecting the name of your band or label; how to find and get a music lawyer to shop your music; and, how to land a deal with an indie, or a major label. The accompanying DVD includes a comprehensive lecture, How to Succeed in Today's Music Business , delivered by the author at the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU.
- Author BiographySTEVE GORDON operates a music clearance service and is an educator on entertainment and copyright law. The recipient of two Fulbright Scholarships, Gordon has taught at Tel Aviv University in Israel and Bocconi University in Milan, Italy, and has also served as adjunct professor at the New School in New York City. He has lectured at many schools and universities, including Juilliard, Wharton, and Columbia University.
- Author(s)Steve Gordon
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication09/09/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHal Leonard Corporation
- Out-of-print date10/01/2017
- Content NotePhotos and Illustrations throughout
- Weight808 g
- Width190 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.