All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGary Hillmann is the G MANN. He is a federal government engineer working for the United States Transportation Department. The G MANN is a transplant from the Midwest relocated to the Southwest. The desert and the work suit him except for one glaring issue...the corrupt politics. Bryan Baker is Gary's right-hand man in the office and assigned to the most expensive transportation project in state history, a commuter train, the T'rrain Trekker, between Capitol City and Allentown. This seemingly harmless infrastructure project has a catch; it is the state goverr's centerpiece in his run for the Presidency. Bryan and Gary, the feds, take the brunt of project level heat as they battle the goverr's henchmen attempting expedite the construction. Under tacit orders from the goverr to just get it done, construction moves forward. The feds are deliberative in their decision-making contrary to the goverr's schedule. Patrick Ruiz is the project construction engineer from Laramie Engineering, the company hired to construct the train. He is teamed with an Allentown public planner, Casey Baxter. Casey is an ambitious young mother of two competing in the male dominated world of transportation. Casey and Patrick are the point-people on the ground managing the goverr's dirty work. Gary and Bryan both deal with rocky relationships in their personal lives with their girlfriends. Bryan is injured in a bicycle crash and is reunited with his girlfriend. As difficult as their relationships are, work is even more trying. When a whistleblower comes forward with information regarding falsified concrete testing reports, things begin to unravel. An explosion at Gary's house sends him to the emergency room and a conclusion that it was an assassination attempt. Soon after, Bryan is traveling with the state whistleblower when they are run off a winding mountain road. The whistleblower is dead in the crash and Bryan is left recovering with a second broken leg. Casey Baxter reaches her breaking point and jumps to her death off the Rio Caballo Gorge Bridge. Losing her and Patrick's clandestine relationship is eugh to push the man over the edge. In an Old West style showdown of good and evil, Patrick and Gary square off for all the marbles.
- Author BiographyGregory L. Heitmann (1969 - ) was raised in Groton, South Dakota, where he grew up hunting and fishing in the northeast part of the state. He graduated from Groton High School in 1987 and South Dakota State University in 1992. Greg has worked for the Federal Highway Administration as an Environmental Specialist the last nine years in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where he resides. Fort Sisseton - Dakota Territory was Greg's first novel and is based on his screenplay of the same title. It has been follwed by The G MANN: Pay-2-Play. Chief Red Iron - The Lakota Uprising, Greg's third novel is in final edits. Greg has written ten screenplays and continues to develop several of these story lines. These projects are of various subject matter and range from baseball to political corruption. Greg enjoys reading a wide variety authors and their styles, but some of the most influential authors in his life include: Zane Grey, Louis L'Amour, and Tony Hillerman.
- Author(s)Gregory L Heitmann
- PublisherGregory L. Heitmann
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGregory L. Heitmann
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.