Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the follow-up to Antony Worrall Thompson's best-selling GI Diet and a must for those, who have adapted their diet to the sound principles of the 'Glycaemic Index'. The GI Diet explained how to manage blood sugar levels to help weight loss and long-term good health. The GL (glycaemic load) is a recent development of these principles, and measures more accurately the carbohydrate load of food. This means that foods that had previously been considered high GI, e.g. melon, can w be introduced into your diet, as the amount of carbs you would eat in a portion, rather than the whole melon, is calculated, giving you a greater understanding of combining foods to bring down the overall GL. Antony Worrall Thompson has created 100 delicious recipes based on the GL, to help readers lose weight and eat sensibly, with a much wider selection of foods than ever before. The diet also makes way for a greater range of desserts and treats (as the carb calculation is more precise). Whether you are already a fan of the GI and looking to expand your recipe collection, or if you are new to the GI-GL, this book will help you to eat healthily, lose weight, but still enjoy food.
- Author BiographyAntony Worrall Thompson is one of the UK's best-loved chefs and as the presenter of Saturday Kitchen, co-presenter of BBC's Food and Drink and a chef on BBC2's Ready, Steady, Cook, also one of the most recognised. Passionate about organic food, Antony is also a keen exponent of healthy eating, epitomised by his popular food revolt on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. He was diagnosed with Syndrome X, a pre-diabetic condition, and has vowed to reverse this condition by eating well, losing weight and giving up smoking. Dr Mabel Blades BSc RD is a dietitian and nutritionist and an expert in the treatment of disorders by diet. She is the editor of Nutrition and Food Science and has also written numerous papers, articles and a book on nutrition. Dr Blades's PhD focused on diabetes. Jane Suthering is an experienced food writer and consultant, recipe developer and food stylist. She is the author of over 10 books and vice president of the Guild of Food Writers.
- Author(s)Antony Worrall Thompson
- PublisherKyle Books
- Date of Publication26/01/2006
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKyle Cathie
- Out-of-print date19/06/2009
- Content Note80 colour photographs
- Weight513 g
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.