All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver half-a-century ago fanciful and exotic stories began to appear in the world's press about settlers on the remote Galapagos island of Floreana. The tales were of nudism, free love communes, stainless steel dentures - a latter-day Garden of Eden. But the truth was even stranger. Friedrich Ritter, an eccentric German intellectual, and his long-suffering companion Dora Strauch, were the first arrivals. Once established, they were soon joined by others. Most bizarre and dangerous was the self-styled Baroness Wagner-Bosquet. She ruled her three young male lovers with a riding crop, a pearl-handled revolver and insatiable sexual demands - terrorising other settlers. Her mysterious disappearance and the discovery of unidentified bodies on a nearby island perplexed the world. Now The Galapagos Affair unravels the whole incredible story.
- Author BiographyJohn Treherne was a Fellow of Downing College, Cambridge and University Reader in Zoology. He wrote numerous papers, monographs and books on biological subjects. Dr Treherne stumbled upon the extraordinary story told in this book while carrying out scientific research in the Galapagos Archipelago.
- Author(s)John E. Treherne
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/07/2002
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16pp b&w plates
- Weight281 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.