All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteve Bull is a true expert in his field. Anyone interested in winning will profit from his experience and kwledge. -Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff Steve Bull's ideas and techniques will equip anyone in business with a game plan for acquiring the winning edge. -From the Foreword by Michael Vaughan Mental toughness goes hand in hand with success and yet it is often misunderstood. True mental toughness is about preparation, resilience, control, risk management and above all execution. So, how do you utilise this elusive but critical attribute? By starting with a game plan. The Game Plan is about winning. More importantly, it's about you winning. It's about how you can create a personal performance environment that enables you to deliver at the crucial times. The Game Plan explores different types of mental toughness and examines how each one can give you the platform for significantly increased levels of self-confidence and resilience. Learn the easy-to-apply lessons that have created an environment of success for a host of world-beating performers in the business world and beyond. Imagine being able to apply a winning performance mindset to everyday work situations such as: * Making presentations razor sharp * Wowing new clients * Being in control during performance appraisals * Staying cool during even the most hectic and pressurized days * Maintaining your self-belief even when things go wrong * Making the right decision at the right time. Read and learn from The Game Plan and you will have at your fingertips a robust strategy to give you the edge over your closest competitors and the very best chance of success.
- Author BiographyDr Steve Bull is an internationally recognised sport psychologist and the author of 6 books - most notably The Mental Game Plan which is used by athletes all over the world. He has been the Great Britain Team Headquarters Psychologist at 3 Olympic Games (including Sydney and Athens which were the most successful British team performances at any Olympics since the 1920s). He is Psychologist to the England Cricket Team and has worked under the captaincy of Mike Atherton, Alec Stewart, Nasser Hussain and currently Michael Vaughan. He has a PhD, is a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society and has provided numerous expert interviews to the media on mental toughness, performance psychology and winning. Steve's extensive experience of applying his psychological knowledge in the corporate world has involved working with a range of blue chip companies in both Europe and North America. He has coached executives from over 20 different organisations including CEOs, Vice Presidents and Board Directors. Among his many long term consulting projects, he has worked with Coca Cola, Lloyd's TSB, Sainsbury's, Woolworths and Currys in the UK, with Deutsche Bank in New York and Paris, and with Roche in New York and Switzerland. Steve has an impressive track record of delivering entertaining and informative presentations where audiences consistently appreciate his capacity to blend an energetic style with material of real substance.
- Author(s)Steve Bull
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCapstone Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.