The Garden Book by Patrick Bowe, Sonia Berjman, Kathryn Bradley-Hole, Tim Richardson, TM Garden Solutions (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.16+ AU $6.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Garden Book presents a diverse range of designers responsible for some of the most interesting and iconic gardens and landscapes of all time from around the world. Gardens of Ancient Persia, the Moguls of India, and the palaces of Chinese Emperors sit side by side with contemporary gardens from the United States and Europe. Like The Art Book, this book presents 500 designers in an A-Z format that departs from the usual emphasis on genres and time periods. The gardens are carefully selected, on the basis of key figures in landscape architecture, to illustrate the influence of each on the various traditions of gardening around the globe. They range, therefore, from the palaces of kings to the all-consuming passions - often bordering on obsession - of amateur enthusiasts. Written in an accessible way, the text explains the role of each chosen figure in the development of the garden, as well as the important changes to the garden over time. Each designer is represented by a full-page illustration, mostly in colour, of their most significant garden. Long-vanished wonders, such as the mythical gardens of Babylon, are illustrated by artists' impressions and engravings. Each page includes meticulous cross-references to other designers working in a similar style, movement or time period, as well as biographical information about the designer. The book also includes an easy-to-use glossary of terms and movements, as well as an extensive directory of gardens.
- Author(s)Kathryn Bradley-Hole,Patrick Bowe,Sonia Berjman,TM Garden Solutions,Tim Richardson
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note450 colour and 50 b&w illustrations, glossary, directory
- Weight3221 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine48 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.