All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Garden of Delights is a vel unconventionally structured by alternating first-person narration chapters. One voice is that of a young Belgian girl, revealing in chapters titled Far, her family life and nascent interest in becoming a velist. The other voice is that of an eighty-year-old velist, depicting in chapters titled Here her serene and happy life with a much younger writer named Jim. She is also the kind stranger the young Belgian girl meets one day in Paris. These two seemingly contradictory women will eventually cut through space and time and become reunited in body and soul.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dominique Rolin was born in 1913 in Brussels where she studied art. She began her career as a novelist in 1942 and settled in Paris in 1946. In 1952 she won the Prix Femina for Le Souffle. Since then she has received many honors and prizes and has published more that forty novels. The Translator: Monique F. Nagem was born in Paris in 1941 and moved to the United States in 1955. She has a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from the University of Texas at Austin. She has translated several short stories and two novels by the French writer Chantal Chawaf.
- Author(s)Dominique Rolin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBelgian Francophone Library
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Translated byMonique F Nagem
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.