All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionShortlisted for the 2014 Gemmell Morningstar Award-Best Debut Novel An uneasy peace has existed since the fall of the Awakened Empire centuries ago. Now the hybrid Avan share the land with the people they once conquered: the star-born humans; the spectral, undead Nomads; and what remains of the Elemental Masters. With the Empress-in-Shadows an estranged ghost, it is the ancient dynasties of the Great Houses and the Hundred Families that rule. But w civil war threatens to draw all of Shrian into a vicious struggle sparked by one man's lust for power, and his drive to cheat death. Visions have foretold that Corajidin, dying ruler of House Erebus, will t only survive, but rise to rule his people. The wily bleman seeks to make his destiny certain-by plundering the ruins of his civilization's past for the arcane science needed to ensure his survival, and by mercilessly eliminating his rivals. But mercenary warrior-mage Indris, scion of the rival House Nasarat, stands most powerfully in the usurper's bloody path. For it is Indris who reluctantly accepts the task of finding a missing man, the only one able to steer the teetering nation towards peace.
- Author BiographyMark Barnes was born in Sydney, Australia, in September of 1966. A strong athlete, he was also drawn to the arts at a young age, penning his first short story as a seven-year-old. He worked in finance and advertising and eventually landed satisfying work in information technology, where he continues to manage a freelance organizational change consultancy. In 2005, when Mark was selected to attend the Clarion South residential short story workshop, he began to write with the intention of making it more than a hobby. Since that time Mark has published a number of short stories, worked as a freelance script editor, and has driven creative consultancy for a television series. The Garden of Stones is his first novel.
- Author(s)Mark T. Barnes
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Echoes of Empire
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight567 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.