All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers step-by-step instructions for creating plants for free, from propagating seeds and cuttings to dividing, layering and grafting. This is a complete practical guide to propagating your own flowers, trees, shrubs, climbers, wet-loving, bog and water plants, and vegetables and herbs. It covers all the standard techniques including sowing seed; taking cuttings; dividing plants; growing suckers and offsets; layering; creating extra bulbs, tubers and corms; and, grafting two plants together. There is an A-Z directory that lists 375 plants for propagating, describing each plant's size, colour and shape, where they are best grown, and how and when to propagate. This title includes advice about equipment, from specialist secateurs and garden knives to biodegradable pots and cold frames, as well as how to improve your soil and make compost. It is beautifully illustrated with over 1100 clear and informative photographs. The book begins with techniques for growing plants from seed. Next, there are instructions for taking cuttings from established plants and taking leaf and root cuttings - procedures that will save you a fortune. Dividing plants is equally easy and you can even transform suckers into separate plants and sever offsets and runners, giving a bigger crop next year. Once you have mastered the basics, layering couldn't be easier. And if you can't stop propagating, there's more on stooling, dropping and air layering, and a section on grafting. All the techniques are explained with step-by-step instructions and photographs throughout, with advice on preparation, potting up and aftercare. There is also a directory of over 375 plants, with propagating tes and growing tips.
- Author BiographyAfter a career as a publisher, Richard Rosenfeld became a freelance garden journalist. He was voted Garden Writer of the Year in 1993 and has written 14 gardening books, including Colour in Your Garden (Hermes House) and the recent Tricks With Trees (Pavilion) with Ivan Hicks. He has been a regular contributor to the Sunday Times Magazine, the Sunday Telegraph, the Sunday Express and the Daily Mail, and has designed gardens in Italy, America and England.
- Author(s)Richard Rosenfeld
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 1100 colour photographs
- Weight1656 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.