All listings for this product
About this product
- Description.Japanese influenced American Garden design .Presenting 14 gardens by the award-winning West Coast landscape architect Ron Herman .Herman has been a major influence on the design and evolution of private gardens in North America .Includes beautifully illustrated garden plans by the ted garden illustrator Chip Sullivan .During his 35-plus year career, Herman has created more than four hundred full-scale garden designs, including many of the U.S.'s largest and most intricate residential gardens .A multitude of ideas for readers' own gardens The fourteen gardens presented in this book by landscape architect Ron Herman provide a rich sampling of the work of a man who, in his own words, has been involved in gardening and plants for most of my life. When I was growing up in Southern California, I worked with my father, who was a nurseryman, horticulturalist, and garden builder. He later went on to study landscape architecture at UC Berkeley and the University of Kyoto and then began a several decades-long career as one of the most distinguished and celebrated landscape architects in the United States. Heavily influenced by his experiences in Japan, a country he has returned to often, Herman's gardens are nevertheless an eclectic mix of styles and approaches that reflect his broad view of garden design.
- Author BiographyBradford McKee is the editor of Landscape Architecture magazine, published by the American Society of Landscape Architects. Marc Trieb is Professor of Architecture Emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley, a practicing graphic designer, and a noted landscape and architectural historian and critic. He has published widely on modern and historical subjects in the United States, Japan, and Scandinavia, including: Thomas Church, Landscape Architect (2004); Settings and Stray Paths: Writings on Landscapes and Gardens (2005); Representing Landscape Architecture (2007); and Appropriate: The Houses of Joseph Esherick (2009).
- Author(s)Bradford McKee
- PublisherGrayson Publishing
- Date of Publication16/09/2012
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintGrayson Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings
- Weight1520 g
- Width312 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Mark Schwartz
- Introduction byMarc Trieb
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.