All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAther world war has happened and everything we knew is w gone. There are more countries. No more governments of old... only survivors who have created a new world made up of small colonies. It has been thirteen years and the village of Lia Fail sits peacefully above the old Hollywood Reservoir in the Santa Monica Mountains. The settlement is making ready to host the fall Gathering, a time where every six months the other colonies from various parts of what was once Southern California visit for ten days of fun and reminiscence. The Gathering begins as any other party. A time for new loves, old friends, family, dancing and fun, but all too soon that changes. The people in Lia Fail begin to experience strange goings on they can't explain, unseen forces attack several guests and friends begin to distrust friends. When they receive news of a horrific massacre, they realize they must face an impending dark evil that threatens to descend on the tranquil village. Alia Stark, the queen of Lia Fail, must face this darkness. But she will face the evil along side her oldest and dearest friends, as well as an amazing new ally. The fate of her people, the lives of her children and freedom itself rests in her hands. Will she have the courage to do what must be done? This is the beginning of a journey that will change all of their lives forever. The Gathering: Book One of the Lia Fail Chronicles is the first in a new Pararmal, Fantasy, and Adventure Series. This book contains adult situations, violence and is intended for a mature audience.
- Author BiographyS. L. Dearing was raised in California and grew up in Arizona. Shannon attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, then spent several years studying at Los Angeles City College's renowned Television/ Film program. She has worked on several film projects in many capacities. Over the years she has written several screenplays, poems and short stories. She is a multi-genre and mash-up author, interested only in telling the story. Shannon currently lives in the No Ho Arts District of the San Fernando Valley of Southern California.
- Author(s)S L Dearing
- Date of Publication16/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byCoeli Jones
- Illustrator(s)Gayleen Beyers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.