All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout his esteemed career, Storm Thorgerson revolutionized the art of the album cover. For nearly five decades, Thorgerson designed covers for some of the most famous rock-and-roll bands in the world, including Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Genesis, the Cranberries, Styx, and many more. His designs transitioned the art form into a new era, one that strayed from simple photos of the artist and focused instead on images that reflected the music. Using an extraordinary coupling of the exotic, the extravagant, and the improvised, Thorgerson conveyed a sense of magic and wonder in each of his distinctive album covers. The Gathering Storm: A Quartet in Several Parts exhibits over 100 of Thorgerson s many conceptual masterpieces including his acclaimed covers for Pink Floyd s The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, Led Zepplin s Houses of the Holy and In Through the Out Door, and his more recent work for Muse s Absolution. Complete with Thorgenson s personal artwork, sketches, and commentary, this unique book is an unreplicable gem that will thrill fans of art, photography, and music alike.
- Author BiographyBorn in England in 1944, Storm Thorgerson grew up with Pink Floyd s Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, and David Gilmore, a relationship that proved instrumental to his career as an album cover designer. Before launching his own StormStudios in 1990, Thorgerson designed hundreds of covers through the Hipgnosis design firm, creating some of the greatest and most recognizable album art of all time in the process. He died in 2013 at the age of sixy-nine.
- Author(s)Storm Thorgerson
- PublisherInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1814 g
- Width241 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.