All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe Gathering of the Clans is Book Two in the series of vels called the Storm-Bringer Saga. They are part of a coming of age, epic fantasy tale about a young girl called Maerlin Smith and her companions. Prince Conal has lived most of his life with a price on his head, but as he nears manhood, the list of people trying to kill him continues to grow. All Conal has to do is stay alive for long eugh to reach the Gathering of the Clans, compete in his trials of manhood, and be declared a man. He cant claim the throne of the Dragon Clan until he is officially an adult in the eyes of the people. Surely it can't be that hard, even for Conal. Meanwhile, Maerlin's dreams are still troubling her. Destiny and the Gods have been playing her like a puppet since before she was born. Now, it's time for Maerlin to start making her own decisions. One morning, a blind stranger arrives at the quiet monastery of Leithban. Mead production is soon the last thing on the monks' minds, as their tranquil life is torn asunder. Malachi's life of debauchery as the court jester is about to get wildly out of control. Is it possible to be a fool and a hero at the same time?
- Author BiographyMany years ago, when I was just a small boy gazing in wonder at his first chest hair, I decided that I was going to become a tramp. I was going to drop out and go to Strathclyde. Why Strathclyde, many asked? God only knows, but every man must have a goal in life. Being an engineer or a pilot didn't cut it for me. My soul was filled with wanderlust and the need for adventure. So, after leaving home, I dropped out. I even went to Strathclyde, passing through it in a sleepy haze while being rocked gently to slumber in the passenger seat of an unknown truck. Since then, I have done many things and seen many places, always following my instincts and trusting in my destiny. I am self taught in many things, a jack of all trades and a master at none, but I've always got by. A strong self belief, confidence and my stubborn Ulster will has brought me through many adversities. I try to be the best I can be and often fail, but I continue, nevertheless. I have been writing since I was that small boy, my mind always wandering. Mainly, it was poems and the occasional short story. Maerlin's Storm was first written over a decade ago. It wasn't something I planned to do. I didn't wake up and say, I am going to be an author; far from it. Like many things in my life, it all started with a dream. The next morning, I wrote a poem about it. Later, the poem became a story. It grew from a small seed and suddenly became a beanstalk. People read it and enjoyed it, but then life became busy again and for many years the story sat, collecting dust. I tried writing a follow up, but it initially petered out due to other commitments. It would have stayed on the shelf, forgotten, but my wife bought me a kindle. (She may live to regret that moment of madness, but I love her dearly for it).
- Author(s)Nav Logan
- PublisherNav Logan
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Storm-bringer Saga
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintNav Logan
- Content NoteMap
- Weight757 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byStorywork Editing Services
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.