All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionHow companies can create a retail environment that's better for everyone by being better for women Women make up the biggest section of the retail market, yet most retail companies do a poor job of serving and satisfying that core constituency. Many retail enterprises view women as a niche market, but at 52 percent of the population, they're anything but. This book shows why reaching women is imperative to retail success, and how businesses can do it properly. Retail Ecology shows retailers how to build a companywide awareness of what women consumers want and how to deliver it through marketing, operations, store layout, product design and development, and even human resources. Retailers who serve women better serve everyone better. Joanne Thomas Yaccato (Toronto, ON, Canada) is President and founder of The Thomas Yaccato Group, a consulting company that helps companies create products, services, and business strategies for women. Sean McSweeney (Toronto, ON, Canada) is the manager of Mountain Equipment Coop's flagship store in Toronto, Canada.
- Author BiographyJoanne Thomas Yaccatois the president and founder of the Toronto-based consulting firm The Thomas Yaccato Group, known as Corporate Canada's Gender Lens. Since 1994, using Gender Intelligence, TYG has worked with companies globally helping them better connect with women consumers. Joanne is the author of three best-selling business books, Balancing Act, Raising Your Business and The 80% Minority. The family, which includes aerospace engineer husband Michael McNeill, 13-year old daughter Kathleen and demon dog Caley, live in King City, Ontario. Sean McSweeney has held a number of management positions in his 10 years as a retail manager with Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC). The Toronto store s first gender-based store re-design was his brainchild and he has been instrumental in helping MEC win a number of environmental awards. Sean is a committed bike commuter, rain or shine, and has co-founded a charity event Run with the Sun to raise funds to for the fight against cancer. Sean lives in Toronto with his wife Nicole and their four children Patrick, Connor, Kieran and Maeve.
- Author(s)Joanne Thomas Yaccato,Sean McSweeney
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight832 g
- Width164 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.