All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow did I get suckered into a crazy contest to determine which sex is superior? groans Jack Kileen. But Kileen, a San Francisco writer, and Dr. Laura Sanders, a feminist professor from Florida, are tricked into doing just that when they appear on a TV talk show and argue heatedly about male and female roles. The show's conniving hostess, Mari O'Reilly, sees the contest as the opportunity to pump up her sagging TV ratings while guaranteeing the winner will be female. A panel dreams up a series of tests based on ideas that flood in from the public. Soon a Challenge of the Sexes with a prize of $1 million is under way. As the competition between Jack and Laura seesaws, the odds change in Las Vegas. Meanwhile, a writer for a sleazy tabloid magazine infiltrates one of Laura's classes and fabricates a sensationalistic story that threatens to get her fired. Jack faces the problem of a growing attraction to the woman monitoring his contest efforts. The Challenge of the Sexes reaches a climax in a kayak race on a storm-tossed river in Costa Rica, where a hungry crocodile awaits dinner.
- Author(s)Arthur Carey
- PublisherArthur CharlesÊrey C.
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArthur CharlesÊrey C.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.