All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong before there was Linda Goodman, long before astrology bestsellers turned up in supermarkets, there was Aleister Crowley, the most important astrological scholar and authority of the early 20th century. Ghostwriting for Evangeline Adams, it was Crowley who wrote the vast majority of her classic textbooks, Astrology: Your Place in the Sun (1927) and Astrology: Your Place Among the Stars (1930). General Principles of Astrology finally ackwledges Crowley's authorship. Crowley's goal was to abandon traditional assumptions, so he based his findings on actual charts and how they were expressed in people's lives. In his characteristically clear and elegant prose, Crowley discusses each planet from a scientific and mythological point of view. He provides an exhaustive analysis of astrological types, drawing conclusions for over 180 astrological nativities of well-kwn artists, poets, musicians, philosophers, politicians, and business leaders from the 18th to the 20th century. This new book is composed of painstakingly gathered work, primarily ghostwritten by Crowley, and published in various early twentieth-century texts. It is published here in one volume for the first time, in an undertaking endorsed by both the Adams and Crowley estates.
- Author BiographyAleister Crowley (1875-1947), who claimed to be the re-incarnation of Dr. John Dee among others, lived in England from 1875 through 1947. He is the author of several Weiser Books titles, including Book of Thoth, Diary of a Drug Fiend, Magick, Book of Lies, Book of the Law and 777 & Other Qabalistic Writings. He was a poet, mountaineer, secret agent, magus, libertine, and prophet - was dubbed by the tabloids The Wickedest Man in the World.
- Author(s)Aleister Crowley,Evangeline Adams
- PublisherRed Wheel/Weiser
- Date of Publication07/10/2000
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationMaine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Wheel/Weiser
- Content Noteill
- Weight1 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byHymenaeus Beta
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.