The Generals: Andrew Jackson, Sir Edward Pakenham, and the Road to the Battle of New Orleans by Benton Rain Patterson (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 15 Feb
- AU $23.34+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn December of 1814, American forces led by Major General Andrew Jackson moved into the city of New Orleans. For the next six weeks, Jackson's ragtag troops of militiamen, free blacks, Indians, and pirates furiously defended the city against Britain's elite army, led by Lieutenant General Sir Edward Pakenham. In the bloody confrontation of the two armies, the American underdog army decisively defeated Sir Edward Pakenham's British troops. The Generals tells the dramatic story of the battle between Andrew Jackson and Sir Edward Pakenham for the booty and beauty of New Orleans in the winter of 1814-1815. The Battle of New Orleans was the last battle in the War of 1812, which cost Pakenham his life and propelled Andrew Jackson into the national prominence that would eventually lead to his presidency. The Generals provides a detailed and intimate look at both the personal and professional lives of Jackson and Pakenham, demonstrating how their paths twisted and turned until they inevitably met each other on the battlefield outside of New Orleans. Benton Rain Patterson leads readers through the captivating tale of a central battle in American military history and subsequently brings the biographies of these two great generals into full light.
- Author BiographyBenton Rain Patterson is a former staff writer and editor for the Saturday Evening Post and The New York Times. He is emeritus associate professor of journalism at the University of Florida and author of Harold and William: The Battle for England, A.D. 1064-1066 and Washington and Cornwallis: The Battle for America, 1775-1783. He lives in Gainesville, FL.
- Author(s)Benton Rain Patterson
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.