All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe follow-up to the very successful exhibition Younger Than Jesus, The Ungovernables is the highly anticipated second New Museum Triennial. The Ungovernables captures the perspectives, preoccupations, and experiences of an inventive and informed generation of international artists who came of age after the independence and revolutionary movements of the 1960s and 1970s. This important volume features thirty-four artists and artist collectives working in painting, sculpture, drawing, performance, video, and other activities. Through explorations of form, objecthood, material, and temporality, these artists negotiate time and their experience of our contemporary moment, often demonstrating a profound mistrust of permanence. Many of the works are provisional, site-specific, and performative, reflecting an attitude of possibility and faith in the contingent nature of our time. The book includes a substantive essay on this international group of artists by curator Eungie Joo and essays and other contributions from many of the artists featured in the exhibition, as well as short profiles on each.
- Author BiographyEungie Joo is a curator at the New Museum, New York.
- Author(s)Eungie Joo
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkira Rizzoli
- Content Note200 Colour
- Weight1451 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.