All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Generosity Networkis the essential guide to the art of activating resources of every kind behind any worthy cause.Philanthropist Jeff Walker and fund-raising expert Jennifer McCreaoffer a fresh new perspective that can make the toughest challenges of nprofit management and development less stressful, more rewarding and even fun. Walker and McCrea show how traditional pre-scripted, money-centered, goal-oriented fund-raising techniques lead to anxiety and failure, while open-spirited, curiosity-driven, person-to-person connections lead to discovery, growth and often amazing results.Through engrossing personal stories, a wealth of invative suggestions, and inspiring examples, they show nprofit leaders how to build a community of engaged partners who share a common passion and are eager to provide the resources needed to change the world t just money, but also time, talents, personal networks, creative thinking, public support, and all the other forms of social capital that often seem scanty yet are really abundant, waiting to be uncovered and mobilized. Highlypractical, motivating, and thought provoking, The Generosity Networkis designed to energize and empowernprofit leaders, managers, dors, board members, and other supporters. Whether you help run a multimillion-dollar global nprofit or raise funds for a local scout troop, PTA, or other community organization, you ll learn new approaches that will make your work more successful and enjoyable than ever.
- Author BiographyJeff Walker, former chairman of the global private equity fund CCMP Capital, serves on the boards of New Profit, Berklee College of Music, the Morgan Library, the Millennium Development Goals Health Alliance, and other nonprofits. He has been an executive-in-residence at Harvard Business School and a lecturer at Harvard Kennedy School for nonprofit leadership.Jennifer McCrea, a twenty-five-year fund-raising veteran, is a Senior Research Fellow at the Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations at Harvard University, where she leads the course in exponential fund-raising. She has worked with a diverse group of nonprofit organizations, including Millennium Promise, AcumenFund, DonorsChoose.org, Grameen America, Teach for America, and many others. Karl Weber is a writer and editor, specializing in topics from business and social issues.
- Author(s)Jeffrey C. Walker,Jennifer McCrea
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication16/10/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeepak Chopra
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.