All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.07Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
About this product
- DescriptionOne in ten women will develop breast cancer, making it one of the most devastating health problems of our time. However, only a small percentage of women develop the disease as a result of genetic factors. The vast majority of cases - around 90 per cent - are the result of lifestyle factors that are under our control. This groundbreaking book is based on recent research findings, uncovered by specialists at Genesis, the only UK breast cancer charity to specialize in prevention, which show there is a clear connection between breast cancer and diet and exercise. The first part of this book helps readers understand the factors that can lead to the development of breast cancer, and examines in detail why maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight can reduce the risk of breast cancer by as much as 40 per cent. The second section concentrates on diet and features a wealth of delicious recipes, specially created by chef Roy Ackerman, to help you incorporate the diet into your life.
- Author BiographyDr Michelle Harvie works for the Genesis breast cancer charity and is the only UK dietician working solely in the field of breast cancer research. Roy Ackermann is a well-known chef and restaurateur.
- Author(s)Michelle Harvie,Roy Ackermann
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRodale International Ltd
- Out-of-print date26/08/2011
- Content Noteline illustrations, charts, tables
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.