All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Companion is a conduct- as well as cookery-book (the recipes are mainly derived from her earlier works). It also contains an autobiography of the author. In truth it is a rank, but captivating, miscellany, including recipes, medical prescriptions, advice to servants and governesses, hints on upbringing, cosmetics and education, rules of social comportment and conduct, instructions and model letters for correspondence (mainly for young ladies), and Pleasant Discourses and Witty Dialogues between gentlemen and ladies. Great bedtime reading. The editor puts it all in long perspective.
- Author BiographyHannah Woolley (1622-1675) was an English writer who published early books on household management. She married Jerome Woolley, a schoolmaster, in 1646, and ran a grammar schoool with him in Newport, Essex. Later she opened a school in Hackney. When she was widowed in 1661, Hannah Woolley began publishing books on household management in order to earn a living.
- Author(s)Hannah Woolley
- PublisherProspect Books
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBlackawton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProspect Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCaterina Albano
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.