All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fourth edition of The Geography of Tourism and Recreation provides students with a comprehensive introduction to the interrelationship between tourism, leisure and recreation from geographical and social science perspectives. It still remains the only book to systematically compare and contrast in a spatial context, tourism and recreation in relation to leisure time, offering insight into the demand, supply, planning, destination management and impacts of tourism and recreation. Whilst retaining its accessible style and approach this edition has been significantly updated to reflect recent developments and new concepts from geography which are beginning to permeate the tourism and recreational field. New features include: * Content on the most recent developments, climate change, sustainability, mobilities and crisis management in time and space as well as trends such as low cost airlines and the control of land transport by transnational operators in the EU such as Arriva. * More attention to management issues such as invation and the spatial consequences for tourism and leisure development. * New case studies and examples to showcase real life issues, from both developed and developing countries, especially the US, China and South Africa. * Completely revised and redeveloped to accommodate new, user- friendly features: case studies, insights, summary points and learning objectives. Written by leading academics, this is essential reading for all tourism, geography, leisure and recreation students.
- Author BiographyC. Michael Hall is Professor of Marketing in Department of Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship, University of Canterbury, New Zealand; Docent in Geography, Oulu University; Visiting Professor, Linneaus University, and Senior Research Fellow, University of Johannesburg. He has published widely on tourism, sustainability, governance and food issues. Stephen J. Page is Professor of Tourism in School of Tourism, Bournemouth University and author and editor of 36 books on Tourism, Leisure and Events and Associate Editor of the journal Tourism Management.
- Author(s)Michael C. Hall,Stephen J. Page
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white tables, 62 black & white line drawings
- Weight924 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.