All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionHuman beings are engaged in a 'war on germs', in which they develop ever-more sophisticated weapons and defensive strategies. But it is a war we can never win. The Germ Code is a wise, witty and wonderfully readable guide to living with these infinitesimal but infinitely powerful creatures. Microbiologist Jason Tetro takes readers outside the lab and shows the ermous influence of germs upon humanity's past, present and future. He unlocks the mysteries of 'the germ code' to reveal how these organisms have exploited our every activity and colonised every corner of the earth.
- Author BiographyJASON TETRO is a microbiologist who has spent the last 25 years learning about the effect germs have on our lives. He is currently Coordinator for the Emerging Pathogen Research Centre (EPRC) and the Centre for Research on Environmental Microbiology (CREM), both housed at the University of Ottawa. In 2007, he ventured out of the lab and into the TV studio for a Q&A news segment on CTV Ottawa as The Germ Guy. He has since broadcast and written for a wide range of media, including the Toronto Star, Scientific American, The Huffington Post Canada, the CBC, and his own Germ Guy blog. In 2011 he was awarded an honorary PhD in Social Media from Social Media University Global in recognition of his work to improve hand hygiene through social media using the hashtag #handhygiene, which has now been adopted by the World Health Organization. The author lives in Ottawa.
- Author(s)Jason Tetro
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight254 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.