All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe discipline of German Studies in English-speaking countries is in crisis and the situation in British Higher Education can be seen as a paradigmatic example. Symptoms of the crisis are a dramatic decrease in the number of students, financial difficulties and the resulting closures of German Departments. Furthermore, the language skills which finally emerge from universities are t always satisfactory. The present book sheds light on key aspects of the institutionalised teaching and learning of German language in the UK. The first part - the macro-context - surveys the socio-political developments that have recently affected the sector of modern languages and specifically the discipline of German Studies. The second part - the micro-context -, zooms in to the teaching and learning as experienced from both students' and teachers' perspective. Ultimately, by linking the macro-analysis with the micro findings, the present book proposes a number of strategies which could contribute to the optimisation and enhancement of teaching and learning German in British Higher Education.
- Author(s)Sylvia Jaworska
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleFremdsprachen in Geschichte Und Gegenwart
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.