All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe mystery man threw off his disguise and started to run. Furious stewards gave chase. The crowd roared.A legend was born. Soon the world would kw him as the ghost runner, John Tarrant, the extraordinary man whom body could stop. As a hapless teenage boxer in the 1950s, he'd been paid a small sum in expenses. When he wanted to run, he was banned for life. His amateur status had been compromised. Forever. Now he was fighting back, gate-crashing races all over Britain. No number on his shirt. No friends in high places. Soon he would be a record-breaker, one of the greatest long-distance runners the world had ever seen.
- Author BiographyBill Jones worked for Granada Television for twenty-seven years, where he was an award-winning documentary maker. He was researching a documentary about the centenary of the Manchester running club, Salford Harriers, in 1985 when he first came across the story of John Tarrant (a former Harriers member) and it has haunted him ever since. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Bill Jones
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Content Noteblack & white plates
- Weight370 g
- Width142 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.