The Gibson Les Paul: The Illustrated Story of the Guitar That Changed Rock by Dave Hunter (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
- AU $56.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis massive illustrated history of the Les Paul guitar examines its prehistory and origins as well as its evolution in the 60-plus years since its 1952 introduction. The Gibson Les Paul is possibly the electric guitar most associated with rock 'n' roll. The result of a collaboration between Gibson's Ted McCarty and jazz guitarist Les Paul in response to the success of Fender's Telecaster, the Les Paul has gone on to become a prized instrument played by most of the greatest guitarists in rock history. This massive illustrated history of the guitar examines its prehistory and origins as well as its evolution in the 60-plus years since its 1952 introduction. In addition to the Standards and Customs guitarists admire so much, author Dave Hunter also gives ample coverage to variations like Les Paul Juniors, Melody Makers, and SGs. And to bring the music to life, there are profiles of players well kwn for using Les Pauls and their offspring through the years, including Hubert Sumlin, Carl Perkins, Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield, Peter Green, Paul Kossoff, Jimmy Page, Neil Young, Peter Frampton, Keith Richards, Bill F Gibbons, Bob Marley, Mick Ronson, Steve Jones, Johnny Thunders, Angus Young, and more. Illustrated throughout with studio photography of the guitars, candid and performance photography of the artists, and relevant memorabilia, this book is prefect for music lovers and guitar enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyDave Hunter is the author of Voyageur Press' Star Guitars, 365 Guitars, Amps & Effects You Must Play, The Fender Telecaster and The Fender Stratocaster. He is a former editor of The Guitar Magazine (U.K.) and has edited and contributed to books that include The Tube Amp Book, Acoustic Guitars: The Illustrated Encyclopedia, and Totally Guitar.
- Author(s)Dave Hunter
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note250 color & 150 b/w photos
- Weight1361 g
- Width241 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.