Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe book opens with a parable: On Christmas morning one gift remains, beautiful and complex, given to all the family, but with manual to tell how to put it together. Jesus, the Gift, comes with divinely dictated instruction to say what his brief life and his message mean; so that, from the beginning, his followers have been offering their interpretations, sometimes sharply disagreeing. This author, with a lifetime perspective, examines and sifts together what the three syptists, Mark, Matthew and Luke, record as remembered sayings of Jesus, listening for those moments when the Gift's own voice seems to come through.
- Author BiographyDonald R. Fletcher grew up in pre-WWII Korea and earned degrees in English and theology at Princeton. He has lived and worked in Chile, Mexico and the Caribbean, and in the USA since 1960, in Texas, Alabama and New Jersey. He has taught English and Biblical Studies at high school and college levels, and has served extensively in Presbyterian and ecumenical churches over 70 years. A creative thinker and writer, he is the author of four published books, as well as numerous poems, plays and prose pieces.
- Author(s)Donald R Fletcher
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.