Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrue fear is a gift.Unwarranted fear is a curse.Learn how to tell the difference. A date won't take for an answer. The new nanny gives a mother an uneasy feeling. A stranger in a deserted parking lot offers unsolicited help. The threat of violence surrounds us every day. But we can protect ourselves, by learning to trust and act on our gut instincts. In this empowering book, Gavin de Becker, the man Oprah Winfrey calls the nation's leading expert on violent behavior, shows you how to spot even subtle signs of danger before it's too late. Shattering the myth that most violent acts are unpredictable, de Becker, whose clients include top Hollywood stars and government agencies, offers specific ways to protect yourself and those you love, including...how to act when approached by a stranger...when you should fear someone close to you...what to do if you are being stalked...how to uncover the source of anymous threats or phone calls...the biggest mistake you can make with a threatening person...and more. Learn to spot the danger signals others miss. It might just save your life.
- Author BiographyGavin de Becker is a three-time presidential appointee whose pioneering work has changed the way our government evaluates threats to our nation s highest officials. His firm advises many of the world s most prominent media figures, corporations, and law enforcement agencies on predicting violence, and it also serves regular citizens who are victims of domestic abuse and stalking. De Becker has advised the prosecution on major cases, including the O.J. Simpson murder trial. He has testified before many legislative bodies and has successfully proposed new laws to help manage violence.
- Author(s)Gavin de Becker
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/1998
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Weight227 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine29 mm
Most relevant reviews
- ricktracburto_019 Jan, 2017by
Excellent Read to understand fear and self protection
This book is a must read if you live in America or any 'dangerous place', even if you are in a small town, in any country! Criminals, murderers, rapists, assassins, violent people come from all walks of life; there could be one standing beside you right now! The Author is an expert in this field, having lived in a dangerous environment since a small child and working with the worlds most famous celebrities, normal citizens and the worlds most violent people. His understanding and insights are compelling, he shares a wealth of information on how we can avoid danger, violent people and much more.......
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- robyn537304 May, 2013by
every woman should read this book
This book was written before 9/11 so is a bit dated but essentially bringing awareness to dangers and how to protect ourselves is still relevant. The best thing I learnt from this book is that 'no is a full sentence'.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24