All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLisa was conservatively raised in a Catholic family in -where middle America, where excitement is scarce and dreams are for sleeping. Little did she kw, at age thirteen, she would suddenly find herself on a totally different path. Through an unlikely chance meeting of a fellow classmate, she's surprisingly mesmerized, almost consumed, to befriend a girl who is obviously from the other side of the tracks...the cool side. Lisa does whatever she has to just to be accepted into this small club of coolness. Little did she realize, she was signing up for a lot more than social status. The two best friends find themselves incently taking their relationship to a foreign level neither had experienced or saw coming. A rollercoaster ride littered with choices and challenges Lisa never fathomed facing, especially in -where middle America. She will find out what she is made of as she faces the consequences and struggles that come along with going against the grain. Throughout their six year relationship, you will witness a touching story of human nature at it's best...and at it's worst. Showing just how far the human spirit can be challenged and pushed to a point where your fight or flight instincts naturally kick in. Struggling just to survive in a world where you are t like everyone else, but at the same time you really are. The daily struggles- both internal and external- are exhausting, yet necessary in their quest for one simple human need....love. Finally breaking through all constraints that hold them back, reaching levels of one-ness that few actually obtain in a lifetime with their partner...only to find once they've reached that special place, it's t quite the right fit...for one of them, at least. This contemporary story, told by the teen that lived it, will lead the reader through highs and lows, giving insight to the every day challenges of the socially unaccepted, which will doubt leave them rooting for the underdog. A true story of human resilience and the power of love...plain and simple. *Please be advised, this memoir is real, honest, and raw. If you're looking for your typical 'sterilized' read, I'm t your girl - but if you're looking for a read that is written from the heart, certain to impact you on a human level, follow me! Have I got a story for you!
- Author BiographyLisa Vaughn, a self-proclaimed hippie chick and freelance artist, has taken her creative voice to a new level, in a brand new medium. Her first published autobiography, The Gifted Ones, contains a strong message that she feels the world needs to revisit in its current state of affairs, where hate is all too familiar. Everyone has a story...this just happens to be hers. Lisa currently resides in sunny Florida, where she continues to translate self-expression into art.
- Author(s)Lisa Vaughn
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.