All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionWith over 3,000 pieces of wit and wisdom from runners famous and humble, here is an important running resource and a great gift for any runner. George Sheehan, a celebrated running writer, philosopher, and physician, once wrote, The more I run, the more certain I am that I am heading for my real goal: to become the person I am. Today, many runnerswhether they are training for the Olympics or whether they fit runs into their lunch hourswould agree that for them the sport is much more than a way to stay in shape. Their running defines who they are and leads them to achieve goals that they might never have thought possible. This tremendous collection of wisdom captures the spirit and passion of those who run in over 3,000 entries, covering topics such as training, gear, running philosophy, and running in youth and old age. The Gigantic Book of Running Wisdom will inspire everyone from seasoned marathoners to running vices. It includes thoughts from famous athletes, writers, politicians, and more, including Percy Cerutty, Carl Lewis, Tom Brokaw, David Letterman, William Shakespeare, Farrah Fawcett, Emil Zatopek, Bill Rodgers, Friedrich Nietzsche, Sebastian Coe, Bill Clinton, Grete Waitz, Roger Bannister, and hundreds of others. The one thing they all have in common is their understanding that, as Amby Burfoot put it, As we run, we become. 16 b/w illustrations. You have to forget your last marathon before you try ather. Your mind can't kw what's coming. Frank Shorter I love the feeling of freedom in running, the fresh air, the feeling that the only person I'm competing with is me. Wilma Rudolph Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sportsbooks about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. In addition to books on popular team sports, we also publish books for a wide variety of athletes and sports enthusiasts, including books on running, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, martial arts, golf, camping, hiking, aviation, boating, and so much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyHal Higdon is an American writer and runner. He has contributed to Runner's World magazine longer than any other writer. He is the author of 34 books, including the best-selling Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide. He has worked as a freelance writer since 1959, and has written a variety of subjects including a children's book that was made into an animated feature. He ran eight times in the United States Olympic Trials and won four world masters championships. He is one of the founders of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA).
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2008
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1483 g
- Width200 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Edited byHal Higdon
- Foreword byAmby Burfoot
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.