All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNext to the hustle and bustle of London's St Pancras station, The Gilbert Scott, Marcus Wareing's latest venture, is one of the hottest restaurants in town. Situated in the recently restored architectural gem that is the Renaissance Hotel, critics and food lovers alike have flocked to this stunning new brasserie and bar. The aim of the menu is simple: to pay tribute to the historic charm of the building with rediscovered and re-imagined traditional British classics. Yorkshire fishcakes, Dorset jugged steak, cock-a-leekie pie, Mrs Beeton's barbecue chicken, London Pride battered cod, gingerbread pudding, Kendal mint cake choc ices and the best lemon drizzle cake you'll ever taste are just some of the 130 recipes in the book. With stunning photography throughout, The Gilbert Scott Book of British Food allows you to celebrate these recipes at home, be it for brunch, lunch, a weekend feast, an afteron baking or a terrific cocktail to ease you into your meal. Above all, it is a glorious tribute to some of Britain's greatest traditional dishes.
- Author BiographyMarcus Wareing began his restaurant career at The Savoy, aged just eighteen, before moving to work alongside Albert Roux at Le Gavroche. In 1999, with Gordon Ramsay's backing, he opened Petrus in The Berkeley hotel in London's Knightsbridge. Petrus won its second Michelin star in 2007 as well as the AA's ultimate accolade of five rosettes and was relaunched as Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley in 2008. In 2011 Marcus opened his second restaurant, The Gilbert Scott. He lives in London with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Marcus Wareing
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Content NoteFully illustrated throughout
- Weight1074 g
- Width197 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.