All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1873, The Gilded Age is both a biting satire and a revealing portrait of post-Civil War America - an age of corruption when crooked land speculators, ruthless bankers, and dishonest politicians voraciously took advantage of the nation's peace-time optimism. With his characteristic wit and perception, Mark Twain and his collaborator, Charles Dudley Warner, attack the greed, lust, and naivete of their own time in a work which endures as a valuable social document and one of America's most important satirical vels.
- Author BiographyMark Twain (1835-1910), satirist, novelist and keen observer of the American scene, is one of America's best-loved writers. Charles Dudley Warner (1829-1900) was the author of many essays, including the collection My Summer Garden (1871). Louis J Budd is James B. Duke Professor of English (emeritus) at Duke University and founding president of the Mark Twain Circle of America. He has written several studies of Mark Twain and American literature.
- Author(s)Charles Dudley Warner,Mark Twain
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Classics S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/10/2004
- Content Notenotes
- Weight348 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byLouis J. Budd
- Volume editorCharles Dudley Warner
- Introduction byLouis J. Budd
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.