All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe original CliffsNotes study guides offer a look into key elements and ideas within classic works of literature. CliffsNotes on The Giver explores a world in which disease, hunger, poverty, war, and lasting pain simply don't exist. The members of this utopia have given up all human emotions and memories to live in a state of Sameness. Following the story of a 12-year-old boy who recognizes the hypocrisy of his community's social order - and who crafts a way to free everyone from the bane of Sameness, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each chapter within the vel. Other features that help you figure out this important work include *Personal background on the author, Lois Lowry *Introduction to and sypsis of the book *Character descriptions *Critical essays on the author's themes, style, language, and more *Review section that features interactive questions and suggested essay topics *Selected bibliography and list of critical works Classic literature or modern-day treasure - you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
- Author(s)Lois Lowry
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleCliffs Notes S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCliffs Notes Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date08/10/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight72 g
- Width133 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Volume editorSuzanne Pavlos
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.