About this product
- DescriptionMarch AD 80. In Rome, the Emperor Titus has anunced that there will be a hundred days of games to open his new Flavian amphitheatre (w kwn as the Colosseum). Suspecting that their friend Jonathan is t dead, as they had thought, Flavia, Nubia and Lupus organise an invitation to Rome on the pretence of witnessing this historic event. Their search for Jonathan leads them straight to the games, where they must face wild beasts, criminals, conspirators and gladiators. It is Nubia's turn to employ all her courage and talents, and before the end of the story she is called upon to make the most terrible choice. A heart-pounding behind-the-scenes account of gladiator fights, executions and beast fights makes this one of the most exciting Roman Mysteries yet.
- Author BiographyCaroline Lawrence is American. She won a scholarship to Cambridge to read Classical Archaeology, then did a degree in Hebrew and Jewish Studies at University College, London.
- Author(s)Caroline Lawrence
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication03/06/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleThe Roman Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date01/05/2009
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight343 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.